This beginner PHP 7 course gives you the skills you need to succeed as a freelance software engineer.
What you’ll learn
- Learn PHP 7
- MySQL / MariaDB integration using PHP PDO and Eloquent ORM
- Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Working with Forms
- PHP Security (XSS prevention, avoiding session fixation attacks, and more!)
- Sessions, cookies, browser query parameters, POST data from forms, and other types of input
- Reading from, and writing to files
- Learn how to use Composer, which is PHP’s package manager (Similar to npm, yarn, and Python’s pip)
- Watch Rick debug code so you fully understand the process
- Work with refactoring your code to improve cleanliness and maintainability
- Integrate the DarkSky API as one of many course projects
- SOLID, DRY, YAGNI – Clean Code!
- Single responsibility principle
- Open/closed principle
- Liskov substitution principle
- Interface segregation principle
- Dependency inversion principle
- Asymptotic Notation (Big-O, running time, memory usage, code optimization)
This course includes:
- 19.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 111 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- A computer – Windows, Mac, and Linux are all supported. Setup and installation instructions are included for each platform.
- Basic computer skills (If you can search the internet or use a word processor, you’ll do just fine.)
- Eagerness to learn
UPDATED FOR PHP 7.4!
IMPORTANT: This course is only free for a limited time! On March 17th 2020, due to Udemy policy changes, we will launch it as a paid course to allow for students to continue using the Q&A section.. That means if you’d like to use this course for free, you’ll need to register BEFORE we change the price. The goal is to have a chance to earn 5 star reviews and fix bugs so that students paying for the course later on will have an optimal experience.
To be clear: anyone who registered before it becomes a paid course, will still have unlimited free access to the course for life.
This course is/will/has…
- A living, breathing, course continuously updated whenever new significant versions of PHP get release, whether that’s PHP 7.0 to 7.1, of PHP 7.x to PHP 8.x, I’ll be sure you have the latest information as quickly as possible in new videos.
- Teach you the difference in coding standards that makes the difference between a PHP artisan, and someone who’s self-taught and spends years in the dark. (HINT: SOLID, DRY, YAGNI! You’ll learn what they mean and why they’re important, and also why your code should comment itself.)
- Has several micro-courses to help you grow in ways that matter, potentially putting you six-figures or more in profit!
Bread and Butter (Basics and Advanced PHP Concepts)
What about the main course? (Hint: it’s not a dinner roll! 🙂 ) Here’s what you can expect.
- Getting started with Eclipse PDT (free)
- Variables (including global variables)
- Data types (arrays, strings, int, float, etc.)
- Superglobals ($_GET, $_POST, $_COOKIE, $_SERVER, $_FILES, $_REQUEST) – The general I/O for your PHP application
- Flow control (if/elseif/else, for, foreach, while, do/while, switch) – Control what happens in your application
- Ternary statements
- Error handling with try/catch/finally
- Functions (including anonymous/lambda functions)
- Type Hinting (classes, array, scalar types [New in PHP 7!])
- OOP (Classes, methods, properties [static and dynamic], scope, and more!)
SOLID, DRY, YAGNI, and other tips that’ll make you a PHP artisan instead of just someone writing code.
- S — Single responsibility principle
- O — Open/closed principle
- L — Liskov substitution principle
- I — Interface segregation principle
- D — Dependency inversion principle
- DRY — Don’t Repeat Yourself!
- YAGNI – You Aren’t Gonna Need It!
Who this course is for:
- No Experience needed! – New to web development or programming in general (I assume you don’t know anything at all about building websites or programming in general.)
- Programmers knowledgeable in a different programming language
Checkout: https://coursetime.net/python-for-machine-learning-bootcamp/ [20 Hour]