Learn SQLite | Python : Build a database driven app and API with Python and SQLite
What you’ll learn
- Build an app with Python and SQLIte
- Build an API from scratch
- Create and activate a virtual environment
- Create database and table
- Create application Graphical User Interface -GUI
- Connect Python application GUI to SQLite Database
- Perform CRUD Operations from app GUI
- Query and fetch data from a database table
- Sort data returned from a database
- SQLite Operators
- Add new records into a table
- Python Variables and Conditional Statements
- Python Functions and Loops
- Python Dictionary and Lists
This course includes:
- 9.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- A Computer with internet connection is required.
SQLite is a software library that provides a relational database management system. The lite in SQLite means light weight in terms of setup, database administration, and required resource. SQLite does NOT require a server to run.
Because of the serverless architecture, you don’t need to “install” SQLite before using it. There is no server process that needs to be configured, started, and stopped. SQLite uses dynamic types for tables. It means you can store any value in any column, regardless of the data type.
SQLite is self-contained means it requires minimal support from the operating system or external library. This makes SQLite usable in any environments especially in embedded devices like iPhones, Android phones, game consoles, handheld media players, etc.
SQLite is capable of creating in-memory databases which are very fast to work with.
SQLite database is integrated with the application that accesses the database. The applications interact with the SQLite database read and write directly from the database files stored on disk.
Python is a dynamic modern object -oriented programming language that is easy to learn and can be used to do a lot of things both big and small. Python is what is referred to as a high level language. That means it is a language that is closer to humans than computer. It is also known as a general purpose programming language due to it’s flexibility.