Learn how blockchain and cryptocurrency work under the hood, in this game-based online class
Welcome to Blockchain Battle, a unique experience that takes you deep into the fascinating world of blockchain and cryptocurrency, built around a video game.
Many people believe that the blockchain is a breakthrough technology that could revolutionize economic exchanges, international finance, logistics, and even the art and entertainment industries.
But blockchain is a difficult concept to wrap your head around, because of how abstract it all sounds. Despite the large number of articles and videos on the subject, cryptocurrency remains a mystery for most of us. In order to get a grasp of how it works, you need to dive in head first and manipulate it. That’s why games are the ideal tool for this task!
At Play Curious, we created this innovative online class that mixes a narrative video game with high-quality instructive videos. Playing the game lets you experiment with a simulation of a real blockchain, as you solve puzzles and communicate with fellow hackers. Watching the videos, on the other hand, gives you a deeper understanding of the history and ramifications of the material, as well as touching on fun anecdotes to satisfy your curiosity.
In this class, you’ll discover key computing concepts such as hash functions and cryptographic keys, but also the history of money, the Byzantine General’s Problem, and the challenges of building distributed systems.
So, are you ready to try the Blockchain Battle experience?
Come on, let’s play!
Who this course is for:
- People of all stripes, curious to discover how blockchain and cryptocurrency work
- Those interested in fintech, and how cryptocurrencies fit into (and outside of) the financial system
- Fans of cryptography and math puzzles that want to see how these concepts are put to use to make a blockchain
- Engineering students who want to learn how this distributed system is build
- Business students, hungry to develop their knowledge in the basis of cryptocurrency
- Anyone who is simply interested in new technology and how it may impact society
Also learn: Redhat course