Learn all you need to know to begin making your own simple and fun arcade style games!
Have you learned the fundamentals of Python and then asked yourself; what’s next?
If so, consider taking this course which will start you on your journey to making your own playable, fun, and rather addicting video games using Python and the Pygame library.
So often, when students ask for advice they are told to, “Go build something” or “Get involved on a project” but have no idea what projects to build or get involved in.
This course will set you on your way! In this course I will walk you though, step by step, the fundamentals of video game design with Python and Pgyame. We will cover all of the basics including:
- Concepts of the main game loop, frames per second, and a clock.
- Creating a surface and drawing to it.
- Blitting (copying) images and rendering text to a surface.
- Adding sound effects and music.
- Handling keyboard and mouse input for player movement and control.
- Basic collision detection methods
By the end of this course, I hope for two things:
- You will want to continue learning and consider about Pygame and Python and enroll in the full course!
- Have the confidence and knowledge to begin making your own basic arcade style games with Python!
Good luck and I hope to see you in our next video!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Python developers curious about video game design and the Pygame library.
- Beginner Python developers who have a love for classic style arcade games.
Also learn: SQL