Learn the fundamentals of the Tkinter library and starting making your own Python GUI apps today!
What you’ll learn
- Fundamentals of GUI app development using Python and Tkinter by DOING! You will create 10 awesome apps!
- Create a conversion app to aid in metric conversions
- Create a checklist app to keep track of all of your daily tasks
- Create a calculator app to help with basic mathematics
- Create a notepad app to write your own thoughts
- Create a color app to create your own color pallets
- Create a Morse code app to convert and play messages in Morse code
- Create a Simon app to entertain yourself and test your memory recall
- Create a gravity simulation app to test the effects of varying gravitational fields on different objects
- Create a weather app to get up to date weather for your given location
- Create a NASA astronomy picture of the day app to view the beauty of space and the stars
- How to package your python scripts into executable files to be run directly on Windows machines.
This course includes:
- 14 hours on-demand video
- 33 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Students should have a base level understanding of Python (including functions).
- The majority of the course will work on Windows, Mac, Linux but to run executables (the last section of the course) the machine should be windows
Have you learned the fundamentals of Python and then asked yourself; what’s next?
If so, consider taking this course which will start you on your journey to making your own Python GUI applications. GUI or Graphical User Interface applications allow the end user to interact with an actual program window that they can point, click, and interact with rather than just running Python scripts from a command prompt.
So often, when students ask for advice they are told to, “Go build something” or “Get involved on a project” but have no idea what projects to build or get involved in