What will you learn from this course?
Whether you have little or no knowledge about Tableau 2020, by the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Connect any data and walk through Tableau 2020 with ease
2. Build most commonly used charts such as line chart, bar chart, stacked bar chart, area chart, scatter plot, tree maps, pie charts, maps etc in Tableau from scratch as well as using the in-built templates from the ‘show-me’ menu in Tableau
3. Create Tableau dashboards by combining multiple charts to present a broad picture to your audience
4. Build interactive elements such as filters, action filters, tool tips, highlights etc. to allow your audience to interact with you Tableau charts and dashboards
5. Animate simple charts to create stunning visual effects in Tableau
6. Create stories in Tableau using dashboards and charts to convey a compelling narrative through data visualization
7. Create calculations using calculated fields, table calculations and level of detail expressions in Tableau
8. Apply data clean up techniques in Tableau such as removing unnecessary variables, filtering rows, splitting data fields, combine and rename classes etc.
9. Combine data from multiple sources using unions, joins, data blending and data modeling techniques in Tableau.
10. Save, export and distribute your Tableau workbook to your audiences, key stakeholders and customers
What is Tableau?
Tableau is a powerful, market leading data visualization and business intelligence software using intuitive drag-and-drop approach that help you to visually analyze data and create stunning visualizations.
Tableau’s simple interface makes anybody interact with the visualizations, discover patterns using underlying data and help make quick decisions.
Why should you learn tableau?
Whether you are an analyst or a business intelligence developer or anyone who has to deal with or present data in your day to day work, Tableau will make your life a lot better with its intuitive visual analytics.
If you are not into dealing with data but want to build a career in data science, data visualization and business analytics then Tableau is one of the most important tools you must learn to move forward in your career.
You will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the data visualizations you will create within just a couple of weeks into using Tableau.
Your stakeholders and customers would see remarkable value in the data visualization you would create using Tableau.
Plus, if you have been spending hours and hours building charts using other clunky programs, then switching to tableau can save you literally hundreds of hours.
Also, gaining a certification in tableau has proven to be a great addition to one’s profile when they want to become a data scientist or a data analyst.
Who should take this course?
You should take the course,
- If you have little or no existing knowledge in tableau
- If you have some Tableau skills but you want to get better
- If you want to learn Tableau from scratch and be able to create great data visualization
- If are looking to move forward in your career by building skills in data science, data visualization and business analytics
- If you are someone who works with data day in and day out and look forward to interesting ways to visualize data
- If you are frustrated with the limitations of the clunky programs and the time you spend in building visualizations
Checkout: Reverse Engineering