Master the basics of querying databases and manipulating data
What you’ll learn
- Install and setup PostgreSQL Database Server
- Install and setup MySQL Database Server
- Install and setup Microsoft SQL Server
- Query databases
- Perform Database Table Joins
- Filter Data
- Sort Data
- Aggregate Functions
- Group Data
This course includes:
- 8 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- A Computer and internet access required.
SQL is a standard language for accessing and manipulating databases.
SQL is one of the most in-demand tech skill used across many industries.
What is SQL?
SQL stands for Structured Query Language
What Can SQL do?
- SQL lets you access and manipulate databases
- SQL can execute queries against a database
- SQL can retrieve data from a database
- SQL can insert records in a database
- SQL can update records in a database
- SQL can delete records from a database
- SQL can create new databases
- SQL can create new tables in a database
- SQL can create stored procedures in a database
- SQL can create views in a database
- SQL can filter data returned from a database
- SQL can sort data returned by a database.
- SQL can be used to truncate and drop tables.
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database system.
PostgreSQL is an advanced, enterprise-class, and open-source relational database system. PostgreSQL supports both SQL (relational) and JSON (non-relational) querying.
PostgreSQL is a highly stable database backed by more than 20 years of development by the open-source community.
PostgreSQL is used as a primary database for many web applications as well as mobile and analytics applications.