Learn to Create a Calculator with React
What you’ll learn
- Students will learn to use React to build a functional Calculator.
- Students will learn to create Styled Components with React.
- Students will learn how to add functionality to React Components.
- Students will gain a better understanding of React state.
This course includes:
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Basic computer skills such as creating, opening, and deleting files.
In this course I will walk you step by step through how to build a calculator with React from scratch. Throughout the course you will learn to use React Components, as well as basic React Hooks. By the end of the course you will have created a fully functional calculator that you can add to your portfolio.
Knowledge of React + Redux is 100% required! If you are familiar with reducers and action creators you will be fine.
Course includes content specific to React v16.6.3 and Redux v4.0.1! For React v14, start with the section titled “Testing with React v14”
This is the tutorial you’ve been looking for to take your React and Redux skills to the next level.
Authentication with Express/Mongo? Yes! Middleware/Higher Order Components? We got it. Testing with Mocha/Chai? It’s here!
This course wastes no time diving right into interesting topics, and teaches you the core knowledge you need to deeply understand and build React components and structure applications with Redux.
Mastering React and Redux can get you a position in web development or help you build that personal project you’ve been dreaming of. It’s a skill that will put you more in demand in the modern web development industry, especially with the release of Redux and ReactNative.
There are dozens of great tutorials online for React and Redux, but none of them teach the challenging, core features of these two fantastic libraries. I created this course to push you beyond “just getting started.”
- Learn how to thoroughly test React and Redux code, including tests for action creators and reducers
- Get familiar with Higher Order Components. Don’t know what they are? No problem, you have been using them without even knowing it!
- Rewrite a popular Redux Middleware from scratch to handle asynchronous actions
I have built the course that I would have wanted to take when I was learning React and Redux. A course that explains the concepts and how they’re implemented in the best order for you to learn and deeply understand them.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning more about React
- Anyone looking for a fun project to build using React.