A practical guide to scope development and management. Learn to avoid some of the most prolific project killers. [Earn 1
What you’ll learn
- How to distinguish yourself as a project manager.
- A detailed and in depth understanding of all aspects pertaining to effective scope development and control.
- How to effectively and correctly collect requirements.
- How to compile a scope statement that has all the right information.
- How to create and WBS and WBS dictionary.
- Effective and accurate scope baselining.
- Eliminate the threat of scope creep and stakeholder misalignment at the start of the project.
- How all the puzzle pieces of project scoping fit into each other and the project as a whole.
- How set yourself up for success by starting off your project planning on the right foot.
- The right approach to scope validation.
- Extremely effective scope control.
- A wealth of PMP exam practice questions.
- And much more!
This course includes:
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 14 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Internet access and a phone, tablet or PC
- Eagerness to learn
- Determination to work through the entire course
- Basic knowledge of project management (It will help, but it is not a must. The knowledge you learn here will help you immensely regardless of your current level).
The modern world we live in has brought about chances in abundance and many a career from back in the day will soon find itself redundant, thanks to the immense technological advances brought about by the fourth industrial revolution. There is however one career choice that is reaping major benefits from the capriciousness that goes hand in hand with modern day business. And that career is project management. More and more businesses are realizing the immense benefit associated with the strategic advantages that real project management can provide them and as a result more and more project management vacancies are created.
Learning more about project management is something you will always benefit from, whether you are actually a project manager, a business manager in general or someone aspiring to become a project manager. The art of disciplined management of the uncertainty that comes with project management is something that will always be to the benefit of those who take the time to learn it.
Project scope management forms one of the core aspects of project management. It is one of the ten project knowledge areas recognized as a core component of project management and when executed correctly it ensures that your projects start off right, every single time. The ultimate goal of a project is to fulfill a business need by creating something of value and scope management is the discipline that defines what that something is.
There is nothing worse than the idea of successfully completing a project only to find out that the deliverable created does not meet the expectations of the end users, rendering it effectively useless and the project a complete failure. The six processes of scope management, namely plan scope management, collect requirements, define scope, create WBS, control scope and validate scope help you avoid just that.
This course will teach you everything you need to know about scope management by way of imparting the necessary theoretical knowledge as well as working through actual examples of the processes and giving you the opportunity to do some practical exercises yourself.
The course starts of laying the foundation of effective initiation, especially in terms of initiation influences on scope planning. The basics of project planning as a whole are also covered and then the six aforementioned scope management processes are covered in deep detail. You will not only be thought what these processes are, but also how to go about conducting them in what is considered an effective and efficient manner. More than just that, you will also be provided with several template documents that you can use as detailed guidelines on your own projects.
The course design caters for those who already have the foundational knowledge of project management and are familiar with the PMI project management methodology. Beginners are however welcome to take it up as well as this course will add value to all project management professionals, whether you are a veteran or a greenhorn. It is an excellent way to refresh good scope management practices or to learn them from scratch.
Who this course is for:
- Project Management green horns looking for the next big step.
- Anyone who wants to improve on their project management efficiency.
- Any PMI certified Project Management Professional who wants to earn PDU’s towards registration renewal.
- Intermediary project managers looking to build up toward the required 35 PDU’s for PMP registration.
- Anyone who wants to turn project management into their next career move.
- Well versed project managers looking to improve their methodology and strategy.
- Project managers looking for an in depth and practical refresher on proper scope management.
Recommended: 16 Hour C++ course