Learn API testing in Postman starting from basic API terminology to creating automated data-driven tests in 50 minutes.
What you’ll learn
- Basic API knowledge and terminology required to start working with them.
- Test APIs in Postman tool by understanding API specs or contracts.
- Automate API Testing by writing Postman assertions.
- Create custom assertions to validate complex JSON responses.
- Create automated workflows involving multiple APIs with the help of Postman variables.
- Use sample valid test data using Postman’s random variables.
- Create and run Data-Driven Automated tests in Postman.
This is a crash course on Postman that can help you get started with API testing in less than an hour. This course begins by covering basic API terminology and then Postman Anatomy and how to test APIs manually, followed by enough content on automating API testing in Postman.
You get to learn how you can write custom assertions in Postman to verify almost anything with respect to an API request. This course also touches on the concept of Data-Driven testing with a live API demonstration, which is possible by integrating external data files with the automated tests in Postman. Additionally, you learn about many postman capabilities like random variables, postman variables, pre-request automation, etc. which help you create an automation framework faster.
If you’re a software tester who has worked on web applications forever but have got a requirement to work on an API project, all of a sudden, then this course is for you.
If you’re a software developer who has recently learned about developing web services and want to learn how you can create a test automation framework for dev testing then this course is for you.
Even if you are a student and want to learn about APIs which is a must-have to work in the Software industry then this course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- Manual testers, Automation testers, Software developers or anyone curios to know how to test APIs in Postman.
Also Learn: Blockchain course