Learn fundamental Database Development techniques with MySQL Server and MySQL Workbench
What you’ll learn
- Basic Database Design (Tables, Columns, Data Types, Primary Keys, Foreign Keys, Normalization)
- How to Use install and MySQL Workbench
- SELECT Statements: Queries against single tables (Filtering, Ordering, Grouping)
- DELETE: How to remove data from a database
- INSERT INTO: How to insert data into a table
- UPDATE: How to update existing data
- Overall Database Development Best Practices
- Creating Relationships and Foreign Keys
- How to craft SQL statements based on real scenarios
- How to export Query Results to Excel
- Using Aggregate Functions in SQL
- How to query related data from multiple tables
- A Reliable Computer
- A desire to learn database development
This is a zero to hero course on MySQL Database Server and MySQL Workbench. There are no pre-requisites for this course. If you are looking to get acquainted with the concept of Databases and Queries then this is the right course for you.
Why Learn MySQL
MySQL is the world’s most popular open source database. With its proven performance, reliability, and ease-of-use, MySQL has become the leading database choice for web-based applications, used by high profile web properties including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
We will explore best practices in database development using MySQL Database Server and will be building a small school management system database.
All you need is a windows machine and we will walk through setting up an environment, to creating a database, creating your first table and writing queries.
At the end of this course, you should be comfortable writing queries for multiple situations and reports.
What you’ll learn
- Install MySQL Server
- Install MySQL Workbench
- Connect to an Instance
- Create a database
- Reverse Engineer Database into Data Models
- Forward Engineer Data Models into Databases
- Create Tables
- Run Queries against Tables
- General use of the MySQL Workbench
- Create Relationships
- Use Aggregate functions to do quick mathematical operations
- Export data to Excel using MySQL Workbench
- Practical use of SQL
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- A Windows PC (or Windows running on a Virtual Machine if using Linux/Mac)
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginners with absolutely no experience is database.
- This course is for you if you are already comfortable with basic database operations.
- This course is for you if you feel a bit ‘rusty’ and need to refresh your knowledge.
- This course is for you if you want to understand design principles in database development.
- This course is for you if you are looking to learn a new Database Management System
Content and Overview
This is a complete course. Over 5 hours of premium content, all put together to ensure that you get up and running with becoming a Database Developer. I take you through various scenarios and techniques to write queries, build a database and further administrate.
By the time you have finished the course you will have moved around in MySQL Workbench so much, that it will become second nature for you when building a MySQL Database. This will put your new learned skills into practical use and impress your boss and coworkers.
The course is complete with working files and scripts, making it easy for you to replicate the code being demonstrated. You will be able to work alongside the author as you work through each lecture and will receive a verifiable certificate of completion upon finishing the course.
Clicking the Take This Course button could be the best step you could take towards quickly increasing your income and marketability! Also, remember that if you don’t think the course is worth what you spent, you have a full 30 days to get a no questions asked refund!
It’s time to take action! This deal will not be available forever!
Click the “Buy Now” button Today!
Every hour you delay is costing you money…
See you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Database Administrators
- Database Developers who want to go to the next level
- Those who work in organizations where the company typically uses MySQL databases.
Checkout: React course