Advantages of RESTful Web Services:
Fast: RESTful Web Services are fast because there is no strict specification like SOAP. It consumes less bandwidth and resource.
Language and Platform independent: RESTful web services can be written in any programming language and executed in any platform.
Can use SOAP: RESTful web services can use SOAP web services as the implementation.
Permits different data format: RESTful web service permits different data format such as Plain Text, HTML, XML and JSON.
What will cover in this entire course :
- What is a Web Service?
- What is a RESTful Web Service?
- How to implement RESTful Web Services with Spring and Spring Boot in simple steps
- Learn through implementing a project
- How to design Resources and GET, POST,PUT and DELETE operations?
- How to implement Validation for RESTful Web Services
- How to implement Exception Handling for RESTful Web Services
- What is HATEOAS? How to implement HATEOAS for a Resource
- What are the different approach in versioning RESTful Services
- How to use Postman to execute RESTful Service Requests
- How to implement basic authentication with Spring Security
- How to implement filtering for RESTful Services
- How to monitor RESTful Services with Spring Boot Actuator
- How to document RESTful Web Services with Swagger
- How to connect RESTful Services to a backend with JPA
- What is a SOAP Web Service
- What is WSDL (Web Service Definition Language)
- What is SOAP Header, SOAP Body and SOAP Fault?
- What is an XSD (XML Schema Definition)
- How to write an XSD for your requests and responses using eclipse visual editor
- What is JAXB and how to implement them
- What is an WSDL Endpoint
- How to implement basic level security with WS-Security for SOAP Web Services
- What are the different steps in building SOAP Web Services with Spring Web Services & Spring Boot
- How to execute SOAP Requests using Wizdler browser plugin
Learn the topics in Spring and Spring Boot:
- Spring Boot
- Spring Core – IoC
- Spring Data JPA
- Spring REST
- Spring Security
- MySql with Rest API
Who this course is for:
- The course is for all Java developers: beginners to advanced who want to master Spring framework modules with Spring Boot with proper examples
- This learning path is for developers who wish to create their own web applications with Spring 5
- This course is designed for developers who wish to use the Spring Frameworks for enterprise application development
- You want to learn the basics of Web Services
- You want to learn how to develop RESTful web services
- You want to learn how to develop SOAP web services