Learn key SQL concepts such as how to create database objects, write effective queries and many more
Postgresql is one of the leading datatabase. It is an open source database and used for different types of applications.
- Web Applications
- Mobile Applications
- Data Logging Applications
Even though it is relational database and best suited for transactional systems (OLTP), it’s flavors such as Redshift are extensively used for Analytical or Decision Support Systems.
This course is primarily designed to go through basic and advanced SQL using Postgres Database. You will be learning following aspects of SQL as well as Postgres Database.
- Setup Postgres Database using Docker
- Connect to Postgres using different interfaces such as psql, SQL Workbench, Jupyter with SQL magic etc.
- Understand utilities to load the data
- Performing CRUD or DML Operations
- Writing basic SQL Queries such as filtering, joins, aggregations, sorting etc
- Creating tables, constraints and indexes
- Different partitioning strategies while creating tables
- Using pre-defined functions provided by Postgresql
- Writing advanced SQL queries using analytic functions
Here are the desired audience for this course.
- College students and entry level professionals to get hands on expertise with respect to SQL to be prepared for the interviews.
- Experienced application developers to understand key aspects of Databases to improve their productivity.
- Data Engineers and Data Warehouse Developers to understand the relevance of SQL and other key concepts.
- Testers to improve their query writing abilities to validate data in the tables as part of running their test cases.
- Business Analysts to write ad-hoc queries to understand data better or troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Any other hands on IT Professional who want to improve their query writing and tuning capabilities.
Developers from non CS or IT background at times struggle in writing queries and this course will provide required database skills to take their overall application development skills to next level.
The course is designed for the professionals to achieve these key objectives related to databases using Postgresql.
- Ability to interpret data models.
- Using database IDEs to interact with databases.
- Data loading strategies to load data into database tables.
- Write basic as well as advanced SQL queries.
- Ability to create tables, partition tables, indexes etc.
- Understand and use constraints effectively based up on the requirements.
- Effective usage of functions provided by Postgresql.
- Ability to write queries using advanced features such as Analytic Functions
- Differences between RDBMS and Data Warehouse concepts by comparing Postgresql with Redshift.
“This course is primarily designed to gain key database skills for application developers, data engineers, testers, business analysts etc.”
Recommended Training Approach
Here are the details related to the training approach.
- It is self paced with reference material, code snippets and videos.
- One can use existing Postgres Database or setup their own environment using Docker (look at bonus material).
- All sections will be available from Day 1. However, we recommend to set a target between 1 to 2 sections per week.
- It is highly recommended to take care of the exercises at the end to ensure that you are able to meet all the key objectives for each module.
- Support will be provided using Udemy Platform. Just send us the question and our team will respond. Please do not send personal messages in Udemy.
checkout: Mern stack