Serverless computing will shape the future of web development since it allows you to get rid of many issues “traditional” web hosting poses.
Now’s the time to dive into this exciting new technology!
Unlike in traditional web hosting, where you spin up servers, configure them and then deploy your code, in serverless applications, you don’t manage any servers! Instead, you only provide your code and define when it should get executed. Done!
Without managing any servers, you typically pay way less (since you got no overhead capacity), can react much better to incoming traffic spikes and don’t have to worry about server security!
For these very reasons, it’s no wonder that serverless computing is on the rise, with more and more companies adopting it! Learn it now to gain an edge and either use it for your own projects or apply for high-paid jobs!
What does this course offer then?
This course will introduce you to serverless computing and then quickly dive into how to build serverless apps with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Specifically, you will learn:
- how you can build a REST API without worrying about servers, using AWS API Gateway
- to set up your on-demand code via AWS Lambda
- how to execute that Lambda code whenever incoming requests reach your defined REST endpoints
- how you can store data in a database – naturally without managing any database servers!
We won’t stop there though! Instead, you’ll then dive even deeper into serverless computing and learn:
- how you can add user authentication to your existing frontend apps and how you can then also protect your REST API against unauthenticated access with ease!
- how you can easily integrate a complete user sign up & sign in flow (including user confirmation) into ANY app (web app, iOS or Android app!) with AWS Cognito
- how to deploy your web app in a serverless manner
Do check: Ethical Hacking course