Start as a complete beginner and learn to launch ethical hacking attacks from scratch.
Just updated with all modern ethical hacking tools and best practices for 2022! Join a live online community of over 400,000+ students and a course taught by industry experts. This course will take you from absolute beginning of setting up your own hacking lab (like Kali Linux) on your machine, all the way to becoming a security expert that is able to use all the hacking techniques used by hackers and defend against them!
Whether you are a complete beginner looking to become an ethical hacker, or you’re a student looking to learn about securing computer systems, or you are a programmer who is looking to improve their security online and prevent attacks from hackers on your website, this course will dive you into the world of hacking and penetration testing. We even teach you Python programming from scratch for those that want to learn to program their own tools for hacking and penetration testing.
This course is focused on learning by doing. We are going to teach you how hacking works by actually practicing the techniques and methods used by hackers today. We will start off by creating our hacking lab to make sure we keep your computers safe throughout the course, as well as doing things legally, and once we have our computers set up for ethical hacking, then we dive into topics like:
1. HACKING LAB – In this section we are building our own lab where we can perform our attacks (You will be able to use your Mac, Windows, Linux operating systems don’t worry!). What this lab essentially is, is a virtual machine that we will use for hacking (Kali Linux) and throughout the course we also create additional virtual *vulnerable* machines that we can practice our attacks on. The reason we use virtual machines is because we are not allowed to test our attacks on real life websites and networks so we create our own environment to do that.
- Downloading Virtual Box & Kali Linux
- Creating Our First Virtual Machine
- Installing Kali Linux Operating System
- 5 Stages Of A Penetration Test
- Navigating Through Kali Linux System
- Creating Files & Managing Directories
- Network Commands & Sudo Privileges In Kali
2. OPTIONAL: PYTHON 101 – Learn python 3 programming from scratch. This section is not mandatory and is optional for those that want to learn to programming so you are able to build your own ethical hacking tools!
- Learn Python Basics
- Learn Python Intermediate
- Learn Python: Error Handling
- Learn Python: File I/O
3. RECONNAISSANCE – Here we learn what we call Footprinting, or in other words, Information Gathering. Once we choose our target, our first task is to gain as much information about the target as possible.
- What is Information Gathering ?
- Obtaining IP Address, Physical Address Using Whois Tool
- Whatweb Stealthy Scan
- Aggressive Website Technology Discovering on IP Range
- Gathering Emails Using theHarvester & Hunterio
- How To Download Tools Online
- Finding Usernames With Sherlock
- Bonus – Email Scraper Tool In Python 3
- More About Information Gathering
4. SCANNING – This is where things get real. In this section, we also gather information but we try to gather only technical information (i.e. if they have open ports, if they have a firewall, what softwares they are running on those open ports, what operating system do they have, is it an outdated operating system, etc.).