Learn Sketching, Part Modelling, Assembly, Drawings, Rendering, Animation and Modelling From Photographs
This is ultimate hands-on Solidworks course. All you need to know to become confident and skillful user and become ready to employ your skills in industry environment. Course starts from scratching through creating 3D objects, assembly and drawing creation, rendering and animation to modelling from picture. Basically, it covers full process of model creation to the final stage of presenting a model with real life images or animation videos. Upon completion you’ll be able to carry Solidworks in your hands safely and autonomously.
Solidworks is the most popular design tool for creating 3D products and technical drawings. Millions of people use it to design anything from 3D-printed toys all the way up to mechanical vehicles, heavy machines and different products of everyday life.
What this course covers?
1. How to get around in Solidworks application and how to create a Solidworks file. Next step is sketching where are explained sketch tools (Line, Circle, Rectangle, Slot, Spline, Fillet, Chamfer, Mirror, Linear and circular sketch pattern, Convert and offset entities, Polygon…).
2. How to use those sketches to create a 3D model. All main tools for working with 3D model are explained (Extruded Boss, Extruded Cut, Revolved Boss, Revolved Cut, Swept Boss, Lofted Boss, Hole Wizard, Fillet, Chamfer, Mirror, Linear pattern, Rib, Draft, Shell…). As well how to create a new plane, new coordinate system, how to calculate mass, volume, and center of mass.
3. How to use parts to create assembly. How to define relations between parts in assembly using mates. All the basic mates (Coincident, concentric, parallel, perpendicular, distance, angle, tangent…), advanced mates (Width, Distance and angle, Width, Profile center, Path mate, Symmetric…) and mechanical mates (Hinge, Cam, Gear, Screw…).
4. How to create engineering drawings. Different drawing views, how to put dimensions, how to use symbols such as surface finish and welding. As well how to create Bill of Materials (BOM) table and much more.
5. How to model a product using picture (.jpg file) to get as much as possible realistic design.
6. How to evaluate your model using Compare documents, Part reviewer, Measure, Symmetry check, Performance Evaluation…
7. How to create photorealistic images and how to create animation videos. It is explained how to set up a camera, lights, appearance and scene. How to render a model and how to set up a Schedule rendering. As well how set up a motors in animations video, how to change appearance and position of the model in animation video. And in the last lectures is shown how to create an walkthrough videos.
check: Photoshop course