Practical Data Analytics & Business Intelligence with: MySQL SQL MicrosoftSQL PostgreSQL Excel Power BI Tableau
Data analysis is a process of inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling data with the goal of discovering useful information,informing conclusions, and supporting decision-making. Data analysis has multiple facets and approaches, encompassing diverse techniques under a variety of names, and is used in different business, science, and social science domains.In today’s business world, data analysis plays a role in making decisions more scientific and helping businesses operate more effectively.
Business intelligence (BI) combines business analytics, data mining, data visualization, data tools and infrastructure, and best practices to help organisations to make more data-driven decisions. In practice, you know you’ve got modern business intelligence when you have a comprehensive view of your organisation’s data and use that data to drive change,eliminate inefficiencies and quickly adapt to market or supply changes.
SQL is a standard language for accessing and manipulating databases.
What is SQL?
- SQL stands for Structured Query Language
- SQL lets you access and manipulate databases
- SQL became a standard of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in 1986, and of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 1987
What Can SQL do?
- SQL can execute queries against a database
- SQL can retrieve data from a database
- SQL can insert records in a database
- SQL can update records in a database
- SQL can delete records from a database
- SQL can create new databases
- SQL can create new tables in a database
- SQL can create stored procedures in a database
- SQL can create views in a database
- SQL can set permissions on tables, procedures, and views
Microsoft SQL Server is a relational database management system developed by Microsoft.