Become SQL database certified (MCSA and MTA certification)
Microsoft SQL Server continues to be one of the world’s most popular and top databases. Database is a heart of IT which is needed to stored all critical data and information.
If you want to become SQL database administrator then this is the course for YOU.
This training courses will provide you all the necessary skills you need to be a successful database administrator and take you to the next level. Plus, this course will prep you for the SQL Server MCSA certification.
Here is the course outline:
Section 1 – Introduction
- Introduction to Database
- What is SQL?
- Top 5 RDBMS
- Introduction to MS SQL Server
- Different editions of MS SQL
Section 2 – Download, Install and Configure Windows
- MS SQL Server prerequisite
- Lab setup
- What is virtualization?
- Download and Install VMWare Workstation Player
- Optional – Download and Install Oracle Virtualbox
- Create a Virtual Machine
- Download and Install Windows Server
- Virtual Machine Management
Section 3 – Download, Install and Configure MS SQL Server
- Prerequisites for MSSQL Installation
- Download MSSQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- Install and Configure MSSQL
- Install SQL Server Management Studio
- Download and Install AdventureWorks Database
Section 4 – Database Fundamentals and Design
- What is Data and Database?
- How is data stored?
- What is a Table, COLUMN and ROW ?
- What is a key? primary, foreign, unique keys etc.
- What is Relational Database and Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)?
- What is a Transaction and ACID properties?
- Database Normalization AND Different forms of Database Normalization
- Create your first Database, Table and Populate table with data…
Section 5 – Introduction to SQL Commands
- Welcome to Basic SQL Commands
- What is a SQL Statement and types of SQL statements
- DML Statement with examples
- DDL Statements with examples
- DCL Statement with examples
- TCL Statement with examples
Section 6 – Query and Manipulation of Data using SQL
- Create TABLE(s) and Temp Table(s)
- What Is a View?
- SELECT Statement in detail
- Operators, Expressions and Conditions
- WHERE Clause, ORDER BY, HAVING BY, GROUP BY Clause
- Select from two tables – JOINS
- Different Types of JOINS
- What is a Sub Query?
- INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE and Truncate Statements
- What is a Store Procedure?
- Function, Trigger and INDEX
- Clustered ,Non-clustered Indexes and Index Design considerations
- Index Fragmentation and Lab for Index
Section 7 – Microsoft SQL Database Administration
- Overview of MSSQL Management Tools
- Exploring SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Exploring SQL Server Configuration Manager
- MSSQL System Databases, DO’s and DONT’s of System databases
- What is master, etmpdb, msdb and other system databases?
Section 8 – Deep Dive into MSSQL Working
- What are Pages , Extents, Page Architecture and PFS?
- MSSQL Architecture
- MSSQL Database Architecture
- Operation and working of transaction log
- Configuring user Database
- Best practices while creating user Database
Section 9 – MSSQL Backup and Restore
- Backup of a Database, Importance for DBA and Different Media used for Backups
- Recovery Models in MSSQL and how that impact backups an restore
- Full and differential backups
- Transaction Log Backups, Log Backup Chain and Tail-log Backup
- Lab for Full, Differential and Transaction Log Backups
- Restore and Recovery Overview
- Full, Differential and Transaction Log database restore
- Point in time restore of a database
- Complete Backup , Restore and Restore in Time Lab
- MS SQL Server DBCC CHECKDB command
- Page Level Restore / Recovery using Full Backups
- Creating Maintenance Plan Backups/Re-indexing etc.
Section 10 – MSSQL User Management
- MSSQL Security Model
- MSSQL Server Authentication Modes
- Server Logins
- Server Roles
- Database Users
- Database Roles
- Permissions (GRANT , DENY, and REVOKE)
Section 11 – MSSQL Server Agent Management
- SQL Server Agent Introduction
- SQL Server Agent Jobs and Schedules
- Agent Alerts
- Database Mail
- Activity Monitor
Section 12 – Advanced SQL Server Administration Topics
- High Availability and its Types
- What Is Replication and Transactional Replication
- Transactional Replication Setup (LAB)
- MSSQL Data Encryption and type of encryption
- Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and configuration
- Backup and restore of encrypted Databases
- MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Section 13 – Course Re-cap
- Commands we have learned
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start a career in SQL database administration
- Anyone who wants to have complete SQL database training to get a job in IT
- Anyone who wants to advance his/her career
- Anyone who wants to master the SQL command line skills
- College students
- IT professionals
- Teachers and instructors
Also learn: Front End Web Development