Short Description: Learn to create API’s and call the API using Postman
- Basic knowledge of Express
- Basic knowledge of Node
REST stands for Representational State Transfer and defines a set of standards for web services. It is an architectural style as well as an approach for communications purposes that is often used in various web services development.
An API is an interface that different software programs use to communicate with each other.
RESTful API is an API that conforms to the REST architectural style and constraints. REST systems are stateless, scalable,cacheable, and have a uniform interface.
RESTful APIs most commonly utilize HTTP requests.Four of the most common HTTP methods are :
GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE, which are the methods by which a developer can create a CRUD system – create, read, update, delete. REST it is an application program interface (API) that makes use of the HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST and DELETE the data over WWW. (World Wide Web)
The main functions used in any REST-based architecture are:
- GET − Provides read-only access to a resource.
- PUT − Creates a new resource.
- DELETE − Removes a resource.
- POST − Updates an existing resource or creates a new resource.
In this course you will learn a practical demonstration of building a REST API using Node.js and Express.
You learn how to:
- Create a web API .
- Build an express server
- Create request handlers with CRUD methods.
- Configure routing, URL paths, and return values.
- Call the web API with Postman.
- Perform CRUD operations on API using Postman as API Client
- Validate data for the API
Who this course is for:
- Absolute beginners to creating API’s