AStateOfData.Com™ Computer Science With Python – Build A Search Engine With Python: Computer Science & Python
What you’ll learn
- Be able to program in Python professionally
- Learn to code in Python 3
- Build your own webcrawler using Python 3
- Build a search engine index with Python 3
- Master The Fundamentals of Computer Science Necsaary For Building Any Computer Programs.
- Be able to use Python for computer science
- Be Able To Build Your Own Python Programs
- Master the Python programming language by building your own search engine
This course includes:
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 5 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Computer and Internet Access is preferred but not required.
- No programming experience needed – I’ll teach you everything you need to know
- No paid software required – I’ll teach you how to write your own programs
- I’ll walk you through, step-by-step how to get all the needed software installed and set up
AStateOfData.Com™ Computer Science With Python: An Absolute Beginners Guide To Computer Science
- WHY THIS COURSE IS DIFFERENT?Many of the online courses teach you to code but not the theory/way of thinking behind it why would we choose a while but not a for loop, why should we pass 2 parameters to a function but not only one?
This course will teach you how to think about solving coding problems throughout quizzes, there are 112 video format quizzes that aim to keep you engaged with the course and teach you the Python fundamentals in an easy to follow manner
- MEET THE INSTRUCTORWe provide a platform for thousands of people to expand the understanding of programming and computer science. Founded in 2013 our mission is to spread the love for programming. To achieve this, we’re working hard on providing content that will help people build a solid foundation in those subjects.
- WHAT TO EXPECTThis course will help you to master the foundation and know-how to solve problems with Python code.
2. The content in a nutshell
- WHAT EACH UNIT IS ABOUTThis course will introduce you to the fundamental ideas in computing and teach you to read and write your own computer programs. We are going to do that in the context of building a web search engine.Uint 1 will teach you the python grammar and show you how to use variables, strings, and some Python built-in functions to work on them in order to create a web crawler that makes use of those.Unit 2 will take you in more depth in using procedures, loops, and the logical constructs in order to add more functionality to the crawler built-in unit 1.Unit 3 is about managing data through mastering the use of the different data types to be able to create the search engine index.Our biggest goal tho is to learn about computer science, So unit 4 focuses on teaching you how computers store data and how to be cost-effective when doing that. In addition to understanding the foundation of networks and data management.By the end of unit 5, you’ll have a better understanding of how programs run and how to implement a hash table for our search engine.Unit 6 will extend the grammar we introduced in unit 1 and will show you how to get the best result for a search query.If the course gets much interaction and feedback, we’ll work on units to demonstrate how to code real-world Python applications
That’s the content in a nutshell. I hope you’re as excited as I’m to start this learning journey, so just the enrollment today and thank me later.
3. Who is the course for?
- BEGINNERS WHO WANT TO LEARN IN AN ACADEMIC WAYThis course is designed for extreme beginners with no computer science or programming background, it’ll help them get up and running with Python and give them a foundational understanding of computer science concepts.
- NOT FOR EXPERIENCED PROGRAMMERSIf you’re an experienced programmer or you already master Python and computer science concepts, then please do not take this course, unless you’d want a quick refresh on the Python programming foundation
4. Learning objectives
- MASTER THE FOUNDATION OF PROGRAMMINGThis course focuses on helping extreme beginners in mastering computer science and python programming theory, in order to be able to solve coding problems or develop their own applications.
5. Conventions used in this course
Most of the snippets of code shown in this course (slides not interpreter), follows these color schemes:
- Variable names: green
- Operators: purple
- Python built-in functions: cyan
- Procedure names: blue
- Boolean Values: golden yellow
- Quizzes Questions and choices: orange
- Quizzes correct answer: green thick
- Quizzes false answer: red X
- Python symbols: pink
This course is the first of a multiple-courses sequence: Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python. Together, they are designed to help people with no prior exposure to computer science or programming learn to think computationally and write programs to tackle useful problems.
Since these courses may be the only formal computer science courses many of the students take, we have chosen to focus on breadth rather than depth. The goal is to provide students with a brief introduction to many topics so they will have an idea of what is possible when they need to think about how to use computation to accomplish some goal later in their career. That said, they are not “computation appreciation” courses. They are challenging and rigorous courses in which the students spend a lot of time and effort learning to bend the computer to their will.
In this introduction to computer programming course, you’ll learn and practice key computer science concepts. You’ll learn Python, a powerful, easy-to-learn, and widely used programming language, and you’ll explore computer science basics, as you build your own programs.
This Computer science and programming using python course will introduce you to the fundamental ideas in computing and teach you to read and write your own computer programs.
Computer science is about how to solve problems, like building a search engine, by breaking them into smaller pieces and then precisely and mechanically describing a sequence of steps that you can use to solve each piece. And those steps can be executed by a computer.
In this course, we will not get into everything that you need to be a programmer, but we will cover the main ideas and learn a lot about computer science along the way.
By the end of this course, you will be fluently programming in Python and you’ll be so good at Python that you can get a job or use the language professionally.
You’ll cover all that you need to be an accomplished Python Programmer. Including:
- What is Programming
- Why programming
- Grammar and Python Rules
- Backus Naur Form
- Python Grammar
- Introducing Variables
- Variables Can Vary
- Introducing Strings
- Using Strings
- Strings and Numbers – String Concatenation
- String indexing
- String subsequences
- Understanding string selection
- Finding string in string
- Find Function With Parameter
- Extracting links from a web page
- Procedural abstraction
- Introducing procedures
- Procedure code
- Procedure input
- Procedure OutputPreview01:57
- Return Statement
- Inc Procedure
- Sum procedure
- Square procedure
- Equality Comparison
- If statement
- The Or construct
- While loop
- Factorial Function
- Break Keyword
- Print all links from a seed page
Who this course is for:
- Beginner IT/CS students
- Anyone interested in Python
- Anyone interested in Computer Science
- If you want to learn to code from scratch through building fun and useful projects, then take this course.
- If you want to start your own startup by building your own websites and web apps.
- If you are a complete beginner then this course will be everything you need to become a Python professional
Check: Machine Learning