Learn to Sort, Filter, Organize and Edit photos like a pro in this comprehensive guide to Adobe Lightroom
What you’ll learn
- Create image catalogs, configure preferences and import images into Lightroom
- Understand how to calibrate colour profiles and work with various colour spaces
- Work with different file formats including RAW, TIFF, PSD, JPEG and DNG
- Export images to Photoshop for Additional Editing
- Customize the Lightroom interface using identity plates.
- Configure and Apply text or graphical watermarks to images.
- Proficiently navigate the Library, Develop, Map, Print, Slideshow and Web Modules
- Use keywords, colour labels, star ratings, pick flags, and image attributes to filter, sort and organize images.
- Work with quick collections, collection sets, smart collections, and smart previews to perform automated filtering functions.
- Work with various views such as compare view, loupe view and grid view.
- Create metadata presets to apply copyright, GPS and other important information to images.
- Perform image adjustments using the histogram, white balance, tone curves, noise reduction, sharpening and many other core adjustment features
- Use artistic tools such as red eye removal, sport removal, clone tool, graduated filter, radial filter, and the adjustment brush
- Apply special effects using artistic vignetting, grain effects and dehazing.
- Write Metadata to XMP Sidecar files to maintain non-destructive attributes of RAW files.
- Geotag and plot images on a Map using the Map module.
- Filter location tagged images using the saved locations panel.
- Create custom book layouts using the Book Module.
- Publish books to Blurb, PDF or JPEG images.
- Prepare stunning slideshow presentations in the Slideshow Module.
- Apply background music, slide transitions and video content to Slideshow presentations.
- Prepare images for print using Soft-proofing.
- Create customized Print layouts using the Print Module.
- Create stunning, customized web page galleries using the Web Module.
- Publish images to Facebook and Flickr easily using Lightroom Publish services
- Export images to internal and external storage in different formats.
- Tether Lightroom to your Camera.
This course includes:
- 8 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Students will require an internet connection and PC or MAC Computer System.
- Basic Computer Skills.
Adobe Lightroom is a powerful, intuitive program used for enhancing, organizing, and editing your photos. Users can render enhancements on everything from smartphone photos to raw DSLR images. This course explores many of the exciting features this program offers. Take a look at just a brief summary of the course content below.
Section 1: Introduction
Students are provided with an overview of learning objectives and some of the key features that the course will explore.
Section 2: Fundamentals
Students learn to create and configure catalog settings and Lightroom preferences. We also introduce students to the Import Dialog and many of the important customization presets that can be applied to images. This includes file handling, file renaming procedures, metadata presets and other import options.
Section 3: File Formats and Color Space
This section provides an in-depth overview of file formats and color spaces relevant to photography and Lightroom. We explore the various pros and cons of compressed vs. RAW data formats. Students learn to effectively work with color profiles intended for both screen and print publishing. We provide a comparison of key color spaces including, sRGB, Adobe RGB, ProPhoto RGB, CMYK and Lab Color.
Students also learn to configure Lightroom’s External application list, to export and edit images from Lightroom to third party applications.
Section 4: Basic Configuration
Students learn to customize and configure the Lightroom interface using the preferences panel, identity plates and image watermarks.
Section 5: Library Module
This section introduces students to one of the most important modules in Lightroom, the Library. Here, students will import a gallery of images into Lightroom and apply several sorting attributes to filter and organize images. Students learn to work with keywords, keyword sets, color labels, flags, and metadata. From there, students learn to create collection sets, collections, smart collections and custom filtering rules to master advanced filtering techniques.
We also explore automated watch folders, and smart previews to edit images off-location. Students are introduced to the Quick Develop panel to make basic adjustments in the Library module.
Section 6: Develop Module
Students learn to master Lightroom’s Develop module to perform stunning photo enhancements using a number of professional techniques. We start by teaching development presets, creating snapshots and exploring the history panel. From there, we explore screen modes, and different views to edit and compare images while making adjustments.
We present an in-depth look into Lightroom’s image histogram for making accurate image corrections using exposure and white balance adjustments. We explore many exciting tools including, crop overlay, spot removal, clone tool, red eye reduction, graduated filter, radial filter and the adjustments brush. Students will have the opportunity to use these tools in a number of exercises, designed to transform ordinary images into stunning, studio quality work.
In addition to the tools, students will also work with a number of other adjustment panels to adjust tone curves, HSL, noise reduction, lens corrections, image transformations and artistic vignettes. We also explore RAW file white balance adjustments and color calibration.
Students are introduced to metadata modifications, and writing data to XMP Sidecar files.
Section 7: Map Module
Students learn to geotag images and plot them on a Map. We explore map views, filtering and creating saved locations for custom filtering using GPS.
Section 8: Book Module
This section teaches students to create breathtaking photobooks using Lightroom’s book module. We explore custom book layouts, book formatting, and applying text and background effects. Students also learn to export books as PDF documents, JPEG files or upload directly to Blurb.
Section 9: Slideshow Module
Students learn to create customized slideshows using the Slideshow module. We explore custom templates, layout options, text overlays, intro screens, embedding audio, video and a number of playback methods. We also explore methods to export the slideshow to render high-quality presentations.
Section 10: Print Module
This section explores effective techniques to print images using preset and customized print layouts. Students learn to soft-proof images to ensure color calibration between the monitor and printer. We also demonstrate working with layout styles and page options for optimal quality photographs.
Section 11: Web Module
Students learn to create and publish web photo galleries with ease, using Lightroom’s Web Module. We explore custom layout options, color palettes, output settings and uploading.
Section 12: Publishing Images
This section teaches students to use a number of publish services built into Lightroom. Students learn to automatically upload and share images instantly to Facebook and Flickr. We also explore publishing images to local and external storage devices, email, and CD/DVD.
Section 13: Tethering
Students learn to setup an in-home studio by connecting their camera directly to Lightroom.
This course is best suited for beginner to intermediate users. No prior knowledge or experience with Adobe Lightroom is required for enrollment.
All working files and a download link to a free trial version of the software is included.
The course is compatible with any version of Adobe Lightroom above 5.0 on MAC or PC.
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in mastering Adobe Lightroom
- Photography enthusiasts interested in digitally enhancing images
- Professional Photographers interested in learn to organize, sort, filter and enhance images
Do enroll in Webservices APi