What you’ll learn
- Learn the core concepts of regular expressions – how they work, how to create them and how to apply them
- Learn how to create all kinds of regular expressions – from simple to very complicated patterns
- Learn how to use brackets, metacharacters and character ranges and sets to create advanced regex patterns
- Learn the simplicity of lazy and greedy matching
- Learn how to use grouping, capture groups and backreferencing to create updated, and accurate regex patterns of this decade
- Learn how to use lookaheads, lookbehinds, anchors and unicode properly
- Apply your knowledge in real world problems with illustrated explanations on how to solve them.
Regular expressions are an essential part of problem solving in computer science. They can be tricky to learn if you don’t approach the topic right.
In this course, we hope to break down the regular expressions into manageable parts so you can learn them fast and retain the concepts much longer.
Every concept is taught through a wealth of over-the-shoulder examples so you understand the concepts better.
What will you learn in our course?
1. Learn the core concepts of regular expressions – how they work, how to create them and how to apply them
3. Learn how to create all kinds of regular expressions – from simple to very complicated patterns
5. Learn how to use brackets, metacharacters and character ranges and sets to create advanced regex patterns
7. Learn the simplicity of lazy and greedy matching
8. Learn how to use grouping, capture groups and backreferencing to create updated, and accurate regex patterns of this decade
9. Learn how to use lookaheads, lookbehinds, anchors and unicode properly
How is this course designed?
We’ll be using a real world example to explain the concepts.
Here are the modules:
Module 1 – Introduction – This is the foundations module. We’ll look into what regular expressions are, how to create very basic expressions and test them without using any code.
Module 3 – Brackets, character ranges, sets & more – In this module, we’ll look at creating more complicated regular expressions using brackets, character ranges, sets, pipe symbol for options, character set exclusion and so much more.
Module 4 – Metacharacters – In this module, you’ll learn how to enhance your regular expressions with metacharacters that can be used to specify words, digits, whitespaces and more.
Module 5 – Anchors and Quantifiers – In this module, you’ll learn how to further perfect your regular expressions by quantifying your characters and sets and adding anchors.
Module 6 – Literal/special characters – In this module, you’ll learn how to specify special characters used elsewhere in regex literally as part of a pattern.
Module 7 – RegExp object, properties and methods – In this module, you’ll learn how to create the same regular expressions with the RegExp object and apply the various properties and methods that come along with it.
Module 8 – Lazy and Greedy matching – In this module, you’ll learn how to use lazy matching to simplify pattern matching in specific cases.
Module 9 – Grouping and Capture groups – In this module, you’ll learn how to create capture groups to get parts of matches, backreference them and so much more.
Module 10 – Lookaheads and Lookbehinds – In this module, you’ll learn how to use literally look ahead or behind a string before creating a match.
We also cover a lot of examples and real world projects, including:
1. Project #1 – Remove extra spaces from start & end of a string – Trim a string without using Trim().
2. Project #2 – E-mail validation
3. Project #3 – Mobile number validation
Why should you choose our course?
1. We like to be thorough in our teaching. You’ll find everything you need to start creating awesome web designs and layouts with Flexbox code/syntaxes in this course. You won’t have to look anywhere else.
2. We strongly advocate learning by doing, rather than just listening or reading. Our lectures are filled with a wealth of examples that explain every concept clearly.
3. If you follow along with our examples in our over-the-shoulder trainings, and create the mini project and apply the properties along with us, you’ll be confident in embarking into the world of Flexbox and web design (responsive and otherwise) by the time you finish our course. You’ll be able to confidently add this as a skill in your resume.
4. We prefer creating fun projects to explain the concepts and to keep things interesting as well. You’ll learn how to apply the concepts you learn in the course in the real world projects and examples.
So, what are you waiting for? Enroll now and start creating complicated, yet accurate regex patterns that can be used in real world pattern matching scenarios in no time at all!
Who this course is for:
- Update your resume with your knowledge on regular expressions.
- Anyone who’d like to learn the core concepts of regular expressions and apply it to their language of choice.
- Can be useful for people who work with data, like data scientists, as well, because regular expression is a required skill in this field